ferromagnetic materials

Good morning,

does anyone know about Q factor on ferromagnetic materials boosting inductors? as far as i understand permeability varies with freq. and the higher is the permeability, the higher I will increase my Inductance value L and Q factor.

I dont know what do i have to searsh on the sheets to find this, and I dont understand the relation betweeen the resonant frequency of the inductor and resonance of the ferrite.

Thanks

Hold on one moment,
your reply is being sent

Replies
erkansari says:

For what do you want to work with the Q factor? There are several factorsto consider for this, what range of operation would youhave?

Published: 8 months ago
Edited by erkansari on 8 months before

erkansari said:

For what do you want to work with the Q factor? There are several factorsto consider for this, what range of operation would youhave?
Yeager says:

My final objective would be to use a magnetic material, preferably ferrite, in order to isolate and boost the quality factor of a 5cm inductor working in the range of 1 to 10MHz for wireless power transfert

0 0 Karma
Vote
Published: 7 months ago

Hold on one moment,
your reply is being sent

Join the conversation

Accepted formats: .jpg, .jpeg, .png (Max. 1MB)

Square pictures fit better!

Remove Pic

Yeager said:

My final objective would be to use a magnetic material, preferably ferrite, in order to isolate and boost the quality factor of a 5cm inductor working in the range of 1 to 10MHz for wireless power transfert

Boosting Q isn't of much use in wireless power transfer because Q will be primarily limited by the real load impedance. Similarly increasing the permeability above a certain amount (e.g. 50 or 100) has little effect on the effective µr of an open magnetic path, respectively doesn't further decrease the magnetic reluctance.

 

0 0 Karma
Vote
Published: 7 months ago

Hold on one moment,
your reply is being sent

Join the conversation

Accepted formats: .jpg, .jpeg, .png (Max. 1MB)

Square pictures fit better!

Remove Pic

erkansari said:

Boosting Q isn't of much use in wireless power transfer because Q will be primarily limited by the real load impedance. Similarly increasing the permeability above a certain amount (e.g. 50 or 100) has little effect on the effective µr of an open magnetic path, respectively doesn't further decrease the magnetic reluctance.  
waldous says:

Boosting Q is of importance in Wireless Power Transfer systems because it allows to transfer the power to higher distances. Of course the influence of the load impedance is different in each resonant topology used. 

0 0 Karma
Vote
Published: 7 months ago

Hold on one moment,
your reply is being sent

Join the conversation

Accepted formats: .jpg, .jpeg, .png (Max. 1MB)

Square pictures fit better!

Remove Pic